1.10.2007

Who do you think you are?


It's been said by some Buddhists for the last 2600 years, that there are 3 great mysteries in life. To a fish, it's the water. To a bird, it's the air. To a Human being, it's himself. So, have you thought about who you really are? or, you've been so busy like me with "outside noises"...We tend to be busy with "other" things that are outside of us. We fill our minds with so much "noise" such as the world news, local news, gossips, personal wars, political tensions, and others, that we don't have space, in our minds, left to think about inner stuff. We simply don't have time to stop and think about who we really are. Or we are afraid to see the truth if we do look deep. Have you thought about who is in charge of our lives? How much of our being, we let others to dictate? hmmm....

Well, I found this lovely poem from RUMI who had found who he was:
What can be done, O believers, as I don't recognize myself?
I'm neither a Christian nor Jew, Magian nor Moslem.

I'm not of the East or West; neither land nor sea;
I'm not of Nature's mine; nor the stars in Heaven.

I'm not of earth, water, air or fire;
I'm not of Heaven, nor the dust on this carpet.

I'm not of this world, nor the next, Paradise nor Hell;
I'm not of Adam, nor Eve, Eden nor Rizwan.

My place is in the Placeless, my trace in the Traceless;
I'm neither body nor soul, as I belong to the soul of the Beloved.

I have dispensed with duality, and seen the two worlds as One.
One I seek; One I know, One I see, One I call

He is the first, last, the outward and the inward,
I know none other than He, and He Who Is.