2.19.2007

Today is Presidents day in the US. It is a combination of two previous holidays, Lincoln's Birthday (February 12) and Washington's Birthday (February 22). So, I will leave you with some quotes from these two great men:

George Washington
Worry is the interest paid by those who borrow trouble.

My first wish is to see this plague of mankind, war, banished from the earth.

If we desire to avoid insult, we must be able to repel it; if we desire to secure peace, one of the most powerful instruments of our rising prosperity, it must be known, that we are at all times ready for War.

True friendship is a plant of slow growth, and must undergo and withstand the shocks of adversity, before it is entitled to the appellation.

Abraham Lincoln
A woman is the only thing I am afraid of that I know will not hurt me.

As I would not be a slave, so I would not be a master. This expresses my idea of democracy.

I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.