5.20.2007


I packed more boxes today. As I put each item in the box, each one of the held a special memory. I am enjoying my packing. I finished packing all the books today. Some of the books I could not even remember reading; some I recalled every moment of it. I enjoyed finding dried flowers among the pages and/or little notes from my kids when they were younger. Anyway, here are some more underlined quotes from some of the books I packed today. Enjoy!

"We in ancient countries have our past- we obsess over the past. They, the Americans, have a dream: they feel nostalgia about the promise of the future."
Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

"Memory has a wonderful way of separating the wheat from the chaff. There can be some great event, and ten, twenty years later one realizes that it had no effect on one whatsoever."
Embers by Sandor Marai

"Never have men had so many things in common - knowledge, points of reference, images, words, instruments and tools of all kinds. But this only has increased their desire to assert their differences."
Identity by Amin Maalouf

"The whole of Creation, is some dance God is doing, and we're meant to step into it, that's all."
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

"it is useless to have good seed unless it is in good earth," said the sheik amiably.
"Perhaps, master, you would like to hear my adventures?"
"knowledge is not gained by numerous narratives but through following knowledge and using it"

Arabian Nights & Days by Naguib Mahfouz