"Faith is to believe what we do not see; and the reward of this faith is to see what we believe."
My spiritual teacher, Rev. Tom, has proposed Ten New Commandments (to augment the original Ten Moses gave the Judaic world) that he feels are especially appropriate for our modern times.
11. Thou shalt not worry. (it is the most unproductive of all human activities.)
12. Thou shalt not be fearful. (Most of the things we fear never come to pass anyway.)
13. Thou Shalt not cross bridges before you come to them (No one has ever succeeded in doing this.)
14. Thou shalt handle only one problem at a time. (Leave the others to God until their turn comes up.)
15. Thou shalt not take your troubles to bed with you. (They make poor bedfellows.)
16. Thou shalt not try to carry the problems of the world on your own shoulders (only God has a back that strong.)
17. Thou shalt be a good listener (For God often speaks to us through the mouths of others.)
18. Thou shalt not try to relive yesterday. (it is Gone; Rejoice in today.)
19. Thou shalt dismiss Feelings of frustration (90% of them are rooted in self-pity and interfere with positive action.)
20. Thou shalt count thy blessings daily (never overlooking the smallest one, for our biggest blessings are often composed of many small ones.)
at 10:29 PM