1.19.2007

Power of Choice



Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice. If the abdicates his Power, he abdicates the status of man, and the grinding chaos of the irrational is what he achieves as his sphere of existence - by his own choice.

Ayn Rand

Ayn Rand is my favorite thinker; She was a provocative and visionary writer. I believe She was the smartest woman in America (1905- 1982). Even though she claimed to be an atheist, but she was more spiritual than many "religious" people I have seen. She believed in power of human beings and power of the mind. She is best known for developing Objectivism, and her support of laissez-faire capitalism. Her political views were strongly individualist which I love. If you want to know her, read Atlas Shrugged and you will be transformed. I have to thank my dear Rev. Tom to introduce me to her.