5.23.2007

Smartest Pig


I just finished helping my younger son with his homework. We were reading Charlotte's Web book where the pig (Wilbur) was looking for someone to play with him. He asked the lamb and this is what he said:

Lamb: "Certainly not", I am not interested in pigs. Pigs mean less than nothing to me"

Pig: What do you mean, LESS than nothing? I don't think there is any such thing as less than nothing. Nothing is absolutely the limit of nothingness. It's the lowest you can go. It's the end of the line. How can something be less than nothing? If there were something that was less than nothing, then nothing would not be nothing, it would be something - even though it's just a very little bit of something. But is nothing is nothing, then nothing has nothing that is less than it is "

I had to laugh so hard, I thought this was the smartest pig ever, and don't you come across people like that Lamb all the time? and when you do, remember to answer like that pig. No hard feelings!